Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Seems like Jim Cramer is pretty down on mutual funds

Comments

• @ MFO Members The key phrase, "with a few significant exceptions." Looks like Jim is doing nothing more than being a parrot for passive investing. ! According to CXO Adivsory he has a accuracy rating of 47%, which is about average.
    Regards,
    Ted

CXO Advisory: Guru Grades:
    https://www.cxoadvisory.com/gurus/
  • I was going to say that Cramer was shilling for one's business in picking stocks for a personal portfolio but what you say Ted works too.
  • a buy sign for all mfunds
    revive the Steadmans
  • Which Is Worse Watching Kramers Show Or Watching Commericials For My Pillow. Com.
  • Jim hosts a stock-picking show.

Stock-picking is of very little importance if investors decide to take the mutual-fund path.

I find Jim immensely entertaining, sometimes informative, usually level-headed. But like anyone else on Wall Street, Jim is gonna 'talk his book'.
  • @ducrow: I thought I was alone in hating that commercial. I usually mute it. Almost as bad as listening to the Volvo commercial twice in a row each time it played.