Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Vanguard Emerging Markets Stock Index Fund Transitions To New FTSE Index

FYI: Vanguard announced that the $50 billion Vanguard Emerging Markets Stock Index Fund, including its ETF share class (ticker: VWO), will begin tracking a new FTSE transition index, in the first phase of a two-phase change to a new target index, FTSE Emerging Markets All Cap China A Inclusion Index. This change will be effective with the opening of trading on November 2, 2015.
Regards,
Ted
https://pressroom.vanguard.com/content/press_release/Press_Release_Emerging_Markets_Transition_110115.html

Comments

• Does this indicate distributions to shareholders if manager buys sells stock in before index and buys in the after index? Or is it simply for tracking performance?
  • @VF: read the press release... very slooooooow 12+ months transition to start including China smaller cap stocks. i think they learned their lesson with a rapid move from MSCI to FTSE and losing half the AUM in the process.
  • fundalarm said:

@VF: read the press release... very slooooooow 12+ months transition to start including China smaller cap stocks. i think they learned their lesson with a rapid move from MSCI to FTSE and losing half the AUM in the process.

yeah well, that slooooo transition could still yield lot of taxable durations next year. I'm going to hold off. It was on my list to buy but general waiting on dollar to guy before adding more to EM.