Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Grandeur Peak filing for both Stalwart funds initial opening

edited September 2015 in Fund Discussions
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/915802/000091580215000072/stickergrandeurpeakemergingm.htm

1 stickergrandeurpeakemergingm.htm

FINANCIAL INVESTORS TRUST

Grandeur Peak Global Stalwarts Fund

Grandeur Peak International Stalwarts Fund

Grandeur Peak Global Micro Cap Fund

(the “Funds”)

SUPPLEMENT DATED SEPTEMBER 1, 2015 TO THE FUNDS’ PROSPECTUS AND STATEMENT OF ADDITIONAL INFORMATION DATED JUNE 29, 2015

As of the date of this Supplement, shares of the Grandeur Peak Global Stalwarts Fund and the Grandeur Peak International Stalwarts Fund are now offered for sale, and shares of the Grandeur Peak Global Micro Cap Fund are not currently being offered for sale.

PLEASE RETAIN THIS SUPPLEMENT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. YOU MAY DISCARD THIS SUPPLEMENT ONCE SHARES OF THE FUNDS ARE OFFERED FOR SALE.

Comments

• I tried unsuccessfully to place small purchase orders for each of the funds, ggsox and gisox. Neither order went through; systems shows that both funds are closed to new investors and I am now waiting to hear after the broker's mutual fund trading dept. opens at 9 eastern time (also when Grandeur Peak's offices open). What's the scoop?
  • Same here, thur schwab. call rep.
    Derf
  • Can't buy at TDA, either.
  • Anybody hear anything about what's going on with this yet?
  • I've called both the TDA Mutual fund trading desk as well as G.P. toll-free # (the G.P. transfer agent) and they each pointed the finger at the other, saying their hands were tied. I just called G.P.'s toll-free number and drew her a picture of the two parties pointing at each other and suggested that she pick up the phone and talk with TDA and let me know when I can place an order. I have her name and expect results.
  • Apparent success placing an order to buy GGSOX at Fido. I received a confirmation of my buy order.
  • just placed an order for Global Stalwarts at Schwab...GGSOX. GISOX not on platform yet.
  • edited September 2015
    I'm not sure why there's this rush to get into the Stalwarts funds. Those funds are going to be open for a while as they can invest in larger stocks than Grandeur's other funds.
  • @LewisBraham I'm not sure why there's this rush to get into the Stalwarts funds.

Because it's better than buying Illinois lottery tickets.;)
  • @little5bee, Digging a hole in the ground and burying your money is better than buying any lottery ticket.
  • edited September 2015
    Still no success via TDA!
  • Hey guys,

The global micro cap still has no official date, right?
  • That is correct.
  • Thought so. Thanks, JoJo
  • @MFO Members: Fund announcements. Call Eric Huefner @ 801-384-0003, and tell them Ted told you to call.
    Regards,
    Ted
    http://www.grandeurpeakglobal.com/documents/pdfs/grandeurpeakglobal-pr-20150812-1.pdf
  • edited September 2015
    Regarding the global micro cap fund, a 9/1/15 email from Mark Siddoway regarding the Stalwarts funds opening indicated:

"Details of the Global Micro Cap Fund launch will be emailed
    to Grandeur Peak shareholders in the next few months. Our
    four existing Grandeur Peak Funds remain closed to new investments."

@Ted,

Mark's email gave his cellphone number...I don't think it would be a wise idea to call him on it.
  • I was able to purchase GGSOX as of this morning thru Schwab.
    Derf
  • Same for TDA.
  • GISOX available today at Schwab.
  • I don't anticipate either of these funds closing soon given that they will be investing up the market cap spectrum in more liquid names, but I think it'll be interesting to see how much money flows in over the next few weeks.