Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Edited: Well, now futures -800, oil under 39.

edited August 2015 in Off-Topic
Nothing coming from China or any other government this evening, it seems. China opens -4%.

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Hi @scott
    This Yahoo link should show the Asia major markets, as of 10pm EST, in realtime.
    If not.........and you see U.S., select this dropdown list for whichever market area you want to view.

http://finance.yahoo.com/stock-center/
  • Looks like 1970 on the S&P will not hold tomorrow, so the next stop may be 1920:

CNBC

Kevin
  • China is way down this am. The afternoon session should continue the slide. Intervention by the govt failed horribly. The markets need to correct.

I would suggesting cinching up those belts and straps. Monday in the U.S. looks to be worse than Friday thus far. Any relief or rallies could very well be dead cats.

The markets will know when enough is enough.
  • The decline is led by Asia.
  • Looks like China's Plunge Protection Team took the day off. Shanghai Comp down -8.75%, now in the red YTD. Whoopsie! Nikkei, Hang Seng, Topix--- all ugly. And.... Europe takes the baton w/o missing a stride.

Ladies and gentlemen, if you have not already done so, please fasten your seat belts firmly. It appears end of Sept. turbulence may be arriving a little earlier this year than we anticipated.
  • Probably have my cash ready...may start buying if dows reach 10k-12k - dca
  • guess i'll lift all my limit buys and set em lower, much lower ...
  • edited August 2015
    Re: Now down 700

Stop it!
  • edited August 2015
    hank said:

Re: Now down 700

Stop it!

St Louis Fed Governor Bullard came out and said he "didn't agree with the market and that he had a positive outlook on the economy" on Friday.

Market says...

• Since the market is pulling teeth today, why not thrown in a rate hike or two.

• 8:30 AM DOW down 1000 !! The sky is falling.
    Derf
  • edited August 2015
    Derf - These kind of large down days usually don't persist for long.