Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

How Many Mutual Funds Routinely Rout the Market? Zero

2»

Comments

• Hank, thanks much. I wonder if this 7yo study's assertions and conclusions still hold over a dramatic time of increased volatility plus improvement in analytic tools. My guess is not, but talk about confirmation bias (mine).
  • @Old_Joe @catch22 I don't think @tampabay is going to cease "pontificating form a base of ignorance" or disclose his/her holdings (I suggested, months ago, that he do this).

Does the term "gadfly" work here? Time to simply ignore him/her?
  • Does the term "gadfly" work here?

gadfly |ˈgadˌflī|
    noun ( pl. -flies)
    a fly that bites livestock, esp. a horsefly, warble fly, or botfly.
    • figurative an annoying person, esp. one who provokes others into action by criticism.

Yes, I'd say so.
  • "Your ignorance is pathetic; your lack of compassion for others not as lucky as ourselves is simply contemptible. Yes, I said pathetic, contemptible, and lucky, and I mean exactly that. Your type: a dime a dozen.." Ole joe.

Sorry ole Joe I just got off the golf course and have to go to St. Pats party...so lets make this short...
    Do you understand what someone is that has to resort to name calling to make a point?
    Your right: A truly ignorant person....I'm not calling you one you already demonstrated it for everyone ...you are what you demonstrate/express ....
    Keep waiting for your "luck"..but I feel you already lost in life......Sorry
  • "Time to simply ignore him/her?"

Yes.