Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Four Funds Key To Vanguard

FYI: (Click On Article Title At Top Of Google Search)
A surge of new money into four giant index funds propelled Vanguard Group Inc. to a record 2014, according to new data released Wednesday by research firm Morningstar Inc.

Clients flooded the Malvern, Pa., mutual-fund company with $233 billion last year, according to Morningstar. Roughly $129 billion of that total went to four so-called passive funds that mimic the composition of bond and stock indexes, including a record $40 billion to the Vanguard Total Stock Market Index.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&site=&source=hp&q=Four+Funds+Key+to+Vanguard&oq=Four+Funds+Key+to+Vanguard&gs_l=hp.3...3082.3082.0.4212.1.1.0.0.0.0.45.45.1.1.0.msedr...0...1c..60.hp..1.0.0.jiX-LWLRE1Q

Comments

• Don't know about inflows.... but I hold four of Vanguards best performing funds,2 of best ETFs, BEST Balanced funds, Best H/Y fund..... none of which are Index funds
    ...together they make up my KEYS
  • @Tampabay
    And those holdings would be ???
  • OK, hate to do this...... but for Vanguard pump & you asked

MY main focus 10 yr. figures right thru the 2008 disaster;
    VGHCX +13.19 yr. avg
    VHCOX +10.65 "
    VPCCX +10.56 "
    YACKX +10.41 (counted as Vanguard..not.... but my #2holding
    Balanced:
    VWIAX +7.45 (60% bonds)
    VWELX +8.14 (30% bonds)
    V.ETF's:
    VHT +11.1 (10 yr)
    VYM +15.5 (5 YRS)
    Bonds;
    VWEHX +6.5
    PRHYX +7.7

10 Managed untouchables for long term, other 20 Mostly stocks could be gone at anytime
  • Too bad the Primecap funds and VHCOX are all closed to new investors.
  • @equalizer: you can look at Primecap's own line up (POSKX & POGRX - POAGX is closed to new investors).

These folks manage Vanguard's Primecap funds; though ER at 0.62% and 0.63% are a tad higher than Vanguard's (Vanguards are 0.47%/0.44%) - but still low ER.
  • Top shelf managers....pay them
  • I have been contemplating POSKX but I own FCNTX and YAFFX already and I don't want to be a fund collector.