Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Chuck Jaffe's Money Life Show 7/31/14 Mark Yusko,Manager, Morgan Creek Tactical Allocation I Fund

Comments

• Okay, now I'm convinced Jaffe is doing marketing. I find nothing compelling about this fund or its manager.
  • Vintage, I agree regarding Chuck Jaffe. His Marketwatch articles are usually selling something. One of his latest was about the death of buy and hold investing, something he had been promoting for years. What changed his mind all of a sudden?
  • I Also Think Vintage Freak Is Spot On - MIGTX Lost 2.03% Yesterday 7/31/14
  • All right then. Another investor simply famous for being famous. Managed endowments for Universities. We hear that an automatically assume he must be good. Too many of such managers in the last quarter of last century had stellar returns managing endowments which do not suffer from fickle investors moving in and out of their funds and who have steady cash inflows from increasingly increasing tuitions regardless of market conditions.

I recall El Erian was famous for managing Harvard endowment? For what period might I ask. Wait, don't tell me.