Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Even the "rockstars" disagree. Whom are we to believe?

edited September 2013 in Fund Discussions
I don't listen to much that Paul Farrell says, but this is an interesting commentary:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/pimco-sitcom-dreamer-gross-vs-worrywart-el-erian-2013-09-04?dist=beforebell

There has been a fair amount of recent discussion about Bill, Mo, PIMCO and Mr. Farrell in this forum. I guess I'm not the only person who has trouble picking winners and timing the purchase/sale.

Comments

• Dear Bitzer: That's what I meant in my earlier post, Paul and his headline seeking outrages statements. His smile says it all, can you spell Jerk !
  • edited September 2013
    Reply to @Ted: Sometimes people make outrageous statements to call attention to themselves. For example, I could state that the Buffalo Bills will win the 2014 Super Bowl. Unlikely to happen, but if it does I will look like a hero. If not, who will remember that I said it?

To Mr. Farrell's credit, he has called attention to managed ETF "lazy" portfolios. I would have been better off using a lazy portfolio than putting my money on Bill, Mo and Rob Arnott.

Thanks for those daily early morning postings of investment articles.