Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

I wonder if anyone has thought about...

I wonder if anyone has thought about how the situation would be handled if by some miracle Trump were to be convicted and given a prison sentence. Presumably he would still be entitled to Secret Service protection. Maybe the cells on either side could be reserved for them?

Comments

• There is no reason he could not be sentenced to Mar-A-Lago (or the Whitehouse if he won the next election) under permanent house arrest because of the unique problems posed by jailing an ex-President. Don't underestimate the outrageous privileges of those of his position, socially and politically.
  • edited November 2022
    Or maybe construct a new Presidential Penitentiary with Secret Service suites and an enclosed golf course.
  • edited November 2022
    Old_Joe,

I've thought about this.
    We'll be in uncharted territory if Trump is imprisoned.
    The Secret Service will apparently still provide protection for him in prison.
    I don't know how this protection will be implemented logistically.
  • You can bet that the Secret Service has thought about this. Maybe they will provide substantial salary "enhancements" and ask for "volunteers".
  • just throw him in a cell. Then let the "ladies" have their way with him. Jesus. Takes forever for anything even IMITATING "justice" to happen. What an incredibly gargantuan P.O.S. he is.
  • edited November 2022
    THIS takes care of all the needs, legal, guard staff and otherwise; even the feeding needs on the cheap.
  • catch22 said:

THIS takes care of all the needs, legal, guard staff and otherwise; even the feeding needs on the cheap.

Good one, Catch!
  • edited November 2022
    Nice, catch. I like that.

Catch22's suggestion:

• edited November 2022
    Splendid idea!
    Seems like a good destination for a man who terrorized many U.S. residents with his actions.
    Since one of his purportedly favorite restaurants is onsite,
    maybe he'll overindulge in unhealthy foods which might hasten his demise?
    That would be a win-win in my book.
  • My twisted brain sees him ending up as an inmate in one of his hotels, for which the Secret Service and other protective personnel are paying top dollar to the T organization for every square inch they occupy.
  • Maybe a couple of the Secret Service guys involved in deleting phone records of Jan 6 can get concurrent sentences and serve 'em out with the Dumpster.
  • This is why I love MFO. You guys are great!
  • catch22 said:

What a hoot!