Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Nevada: YES !!!

2»

Comments

• Howdy folks,

Yeppers, Nevada and Americans all over put paid to the deniers. teehehe

However, I'm like Admiral Nimitz in Midway, "I want that 4th carrier". I want that 51st senate seat from Georgia. 51 and we can tell Mitch to stick it in his ass. I was watching Michael Moore yesterday and it was a delight. He feels the democrats may hold the house but even if not, the Republican majority will be so close, there's a good chance simple attrition will switch it back. Every term, you have several congressmen/women that quit or die or whatever.

Now tomorrow the Cheeto is going to announce. feh. Democrats everywhere are praying he runs again for President. If he does, that may bury the republican party for a generation or three. Idiots.

and so it goes,

peace,

rono
  • Hi @rono et al
    As the "D's" will be the Senate majority by virtue of the Nevada vote, I do believe that the "R's" who voted for Walker in GA, in an attempt to have that seat be "R"; will now abandon that vote in the December run off; giving Warnock a large majority of the vote. Old_Joe mentioned a Warnock victory would be extra insurance against Manchin of WV. Yes, indeed.
  • edited November 2022
    It's funny but I recently heard a spokesperson for the GOP refer to Herschel Walker as an "imperfect vessel" in reference to Walker's own shady past and why he still deserved to win. To me the phrase "imperfect vessel" is a religious euphemism for the ends justify the means. I found the video. James Carville's response to the imperfect vessel argument is hilarious:

• It's funny but I recently heard a spokesperson for the GOP refer to Herschel Walker as an "imperfect vessel" in reference to Walker's own shady past and why he still deserved to win. To me the phrase "imperfect vessel" is a religious euphemism for the ends justify the means. I found the video. James Carville's response to the imperfect vessel argument is hilarious:

Gingrich himself is another Trump: a criminal who's still out running around, free: he ignored a congressional subpoena. (Like how many others connected to the Trumpster?) To say nothing of The Newt holding the country hostage as Speaker over the Budget. There's one Law for you and me, and a different one for the likes of HIM.

"Imperfect vessel" sounds like a handy tag borrowed from the evangelical crowd. Call it a euphemism. Agreed. As for "the ends justifies the means:" The Repugnants have been thinking along those lines for DECADES. They are increasingly a minority, and they can see that fact.

The Demublicans can claim my support for only a half a step in the other direction, besides. The Repugnant Party is an insurgency Party and deserve zero support from anyone who takes the role of gov't in society seriously--- regardless of one's approach to the issues of the day. And yes: Carville nailed it down in his response on camera, above.
  • Thanks @LewisBraham
    We watch CNN, but I had forgotten about this.
  • "Imperfect vessel" is how the nuns and brothers classified me in grammar and high school. I've been seeking to perfect my vesseldom ever since, although not very energetically. At this point it doesn't seem likely that I'll ever come close. Oh well...
  • I think/know your vesseldom to be in high form. You've achieved your goal, IMHO.
  • I got your imperfect vessel right here pal. IMO Carville is right about there being no bottom to the lows the republican party will go to support their candidates and ideology. I just can't, and never would.
  • How vulgar! Obviously your vesseldom needs work too. :)
  • That's a great CNN catch, @LewisBraham. The "vessel" discussion is downright weird, but Scott Jennings saying inflation "down there in Georgia" is so bad that lettuce costs $1000 a head is priceless (no pun intended).
  • I maybe should have mentioned this earlier. The explicit reference to "vessel" comes from here:
    2 Corinthians 4:7.
    Thus, the use of it by the evangelicals.
    "...But we have this treasure in earthen vessels..."

A reference to the human condition, our very obvious imperfect state of being. We are "condemned" to be human. "We have met the enemy, and he is us." ---Pogo.
  • Maybe a bit too personal but Trump is seriously jeopardizing a relationship I have been in for 23 years. Imagine dealing with a Trumpster on a daily basis. I actually didn’t dislike him to the extent I do now until January 6 and then his continual denial of the election results. My lady friend doesn’t think January 6 was as monumentally bad as I do. That kind of thinking is difficult for me to handle.
  • +1 Fortunately I don't deal with any Trumpsters in my life-I would be hard pressed to be civil to them !
  • @Junkster- I really empathize with you on that. I've frequently asked myself if I could live with someone who tolerates Trump's ethical and moral codes (if "codes" is even the right word here). And, I couldn't. I'm so grateful that my wife and I are on the same general political page. She couldn't either.

Regards- OJ
  • @Junkster : Is your friend blonde ?
  • Derf said:

@Junkster : Is your friend blonde ?

No, but seriously her name is Karen.

• Sorry to hear, @Junkster. And now, the Orange Unmentionable is in the race again. Will he hijack the Party again? That Party needs an overhaul, but not HIS style.

"Liz Cheney and I are not brave. We're just surrounded by cowards." ---Adam Kinzinger.