Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Donald Trump says he plans to pardon US Capitol attack participants if elected

This outrage speaks for itself, and needs no additional comment from me:
‘I mean full pardons with an apology to many,’ says former president as January 6 rioter sentenced to 10 years for assault.

Donald Trump said on Thursday he would pardon and apologize to those who participated in the deadly attack on the US Capitol on January 6 if he were elected to the White House again.

“I mean full pardons with an apology to many,” he told Wendy Bell, a conservative radio host on Thursday. “I will be looking very, very strongly about pardons, full pardons.”
Link: The Guardian

Comments

• edited September 2022
    Speak like a mobster. That statement is essential a bribe.

The man deserves to be in an orange jump suit and in handcuffs.
  • @Sven. TRUTH. What a pile of Orange Slime.
  • edited September 2022
    Maybe the Palin effect is about to ramp up on Dump. The just-completed election to fill the AK House vacancy showed that a chunk of Republican voters are sick to death of her BS.
  • edited September 2022
    I wonder how a financial analyst would model the risk of and ultimate impact to stocks and bonds of the U.S. becoming a fascist dictatorship? The sad thing is, I could see some members of the Street not minding at all, although I have to think that the Oath Keepers' nationalist intolerance of anyone non-white, male, American or heterosexual would be bad for business long-term. A globalized business world requires tolerance of different ethnic groups and ideologies. To me, January 6th bears a striking resemblance to the Beer Hall Putsch.
  • Not a bad comparison.
  • Seeing the activity in Russia against big oil and their families, I think anyone in business or finance thinking they want to risk dictatorship, hoping to stay on the right side of life, better think again. I think battling the average working stiff voters is a bit safer even if slightly less lucrative.
  • @Anna- Oh, come on now- everyone knows that Russian oil bigshots frequently jump out of sixth-floor windows. Nothing to see here... just move on...
  • With any luck this primo clown will be wearing cuffs or orange jumpsuits by the time he thinks he might get elected again.
  • the Beer Hall Putsch.
    never thought of that. makes sense.
  • Mark said:

With any luck this primo clown will be wearing cuffs or orange jumpsuits by the time he thinks he might get elected again.

took the words out of my mouth.
  • So, he runs for President from jail, gets elected, pardons himself, leaves his cell, and moves back into the Whitehouse where he adds to his collection of classified documents.

He puts a hit on his enemies list, pardons all his violent fans, selects the most violent, and establishes a government contract for the hit.

Mission accomplished. From orange jumpsuit to orange complexion. Dictator for life.
  • i can't even think about that.