Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Vanguard FundAccess Funds

edited April 2022 in Fund Discussions
I have been looking at non-Vanguard funds available at Vanguard and for the past two days, when I try to get T. Rowe Price funds to populate, I get this message:

"The information you've requested is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

I wonder if this is another one of Vanguard's technical glitches or there is something else going on. It does not seem like the former because there is not a problem getting other fund family funds to populate.

https://personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/other/bytype?FundFamilyId=31698

Comments

• Your link works fine for me, and I'm not logged into Vanguard when I try it.
  • msf said:

Your link works fine for me, and I'm not logged into Vanguard when I try it.

Yes, the link works. The problem is when you go to T. Rowe Price in the "Fund Family" drop down menu.
  • I wasn't paying enough attention to your link. My error. I just assumed (without reading the results) that this was the page selected for T. Rowe Price funds.

But I don't think it is something other than a glitch, else one would expect the same problem with the T. Rowe Price drop down on the fund compare page. There, one can select T. Rowe Price as the family of the fund one wants to compare, and the page populates the next drop down with all the T. Rowe Price funds.

https://personal.vanguard.com/us/faces/JSP/Funds/Compare/CompareEntryContent.jsp?type=fund
  • @Mona - most probably a temporary glitch - I was able to purchase RPIEX yesterday from my VG fund access account.
  • edited April 2022
    I
    Mona said:

I have been looking at non-Vanguard funds available at Vanguard and for the past two days, when I try to get T. Rowe Price funds to populate, I get this message:

"The information you've requested is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

I wonder if this is another one of Vanguard's technical glitches or there is something else going on. It does not seem like the former because there is not a problem getting other fund family funds to populate.

https://personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/other/bytype?FundFamilyId=31698

I receive the same message.
    It's probably a technical glitch.
    Vanguard modified its website in the recent past.
  • I don't think they have updated that page, or their screen page since the 20th century. Maybe the early oughts.

The screen for other funds is often broken well into the month. As a matter of fact, I just tried the screen, and it is only returning Vanguard funds.

Maybe they are entering the data by hand. Maybe they forgot to upload the data for T. Rowe. There are probably other funds missing too.

I should probably get out of there while I can still cope.
  • This glitch may only pertain to T Rowe Price funds. Fidelity, Schwab, and Blackrock fund searches worked normally.
  • Sunday, 04/10/22, 1:20 PM ET, I just got the same message when I tried to access TRP fund family from your link's drop-down list. Maybe contact customer support to let them know there is a problem.
  • I wouldn't hold out high hopes that Vanguard will do anything.

I sent secure email to Vanguard on March 29, informing them that a Flagship Select pricing figure on their website was wrong. Two days later I get a response back saying that I had written about a fee for Flagship (not Flagship Select) customers, and that the note was being forwarded to their research team.

That was their April Fools (April 1) response to me. No correction, no correspondence in the ensuing 10 days.
  • For many months now, when one types a non-Vanguard OEF ticker in the Vanguard brokerage search box, right below the search box a "No results found" is displayed. Do not give up, just hit Enter and the info about the sought OEF will be displayed.