Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The Companies that have not pulled out of Russia

Just thought that I would post this companion list of companies with a major presence in Russia who have yet to pull out over the war in Ukraine. Scroll to the bottom of the list.

LIST

Comments

• Thank you. A long list, eh?
  • edited March 2022
    @catch - I'm more impressed by the length of the listing for those that left. Very commendable.
  • edited March 2022
    Pretty funny that Amway and Herbalife are still there, given their pyramid-scheme-like structures. Also, there is of course the Betsy DeVos connection to Amway. I can imagine what the Amway salesmanship in a country like Russia might be like.
  • edited March 2022
    The DeVos family is rich. After losing $100 million to Elizabeth Holmes's Theranos, the DeVos can stand to loss more to Russia.
  • Not at all to steal the thunder of Mark and Catch, but here's Mark's entire list:

• Howdy folks,

The left off Citibank. Seems they might have a wee bit of exposure to the Russian banking system.

https://fortune.com/2022/03/11/blackrock-banks-lose-billions-tip-iceberg-russia-ukraine/

And so it goes,

peace,

rono
  • edited March 2022
    Now that you bring up banks, I don't see BofA or Wells Fargo either. I wonder if it's likely that they don't have any Russian exposure or dealings?

Edit- Looking more closely I now see "Citi at $9.8 B" on the "Remain in Russia list.
  • edited March 2022
    I doubt the banks can get out too easily even if they want to if they're holding ruble-based debt, which is probably completely illiquid right now. Who's going to buy their debt holdings?
  • edited March 2022

Pretty funny that Amway and Herbalife are still there, given their pyramid-scheme-like structures. Also, there is of course the Betsy DeVos connection to Amway. I can imagine what the Amway salesmanship in a country like Russia might be like.

Thanks for the link to the Moscow speech. But couldn’t take more than 6 minutes of that bombastic crap. Too reminiscent of the over-the-top oratorical machinations of a disgraced former President.

DeVos promised audience he would turn each of them into “a diamond”. Perhaps preview for a new secret weapon in Putin’s arsenal?

• edited March 2022
    He's probably involved with Ukraine right now; but who knows which side he is working with, or playing both sides. Money, money, money..............

Such a wonderful group of folks evolving from a highly christian area in Michigan.
    I suppose the "onward Christian soldier" rings in their brains.

Erik Prince, Betsy Devos bro'.
  • edited March 2022
    +1 @Catch22

Well … Amway sells a lot of cleaning & disinfecting products …

Yes - A pious lot over along that southwestern coast. A good friend at work would kiddingly refer to religion as a “crutch” - necessary for some people to cope with and rationalize the vicissitudes of life. Personally, he disavowed religion - finding alcohol to serve pretty much the same purpose.

:)