Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Discrepancy on YTD Performance at Lipper?

edited January 2022 in Other Investing
Occasionally Lipper has 2 different YTD numbers displayed for a given fund. As it seems to pertain more to those that pay dividends, I’m guessing one number is the NAV YTD and the other (better) number includes interest or dividends. Correct?

Here’s a link to the Lipper page for DFND. The initial YTD return is -9.30%. But if you pull up the “performance” page, the YTD is somewhat better at -9.09%.

http://www.funds.reuters.wallst.com/US/etfs/performance.asp?YYY622_LT56GikCFKSqynINSN/wMKzCbDBLcGXIWzlyYCETzzaDFj/yU4JQG9tWNwN4Rw3Y

Comments

• ETF.com shows -7.22 Nav -7.39
  • edited January 2022
    Thanks @Derf.

Helpful. I don’t own this one but have followed it several months. Some “defend”. Down 7- 9% YTD. And just when you need it!

As a general principal I think I had the discrepancy explained correctly. I’ve run other funds through ETF.com and they line up with the Lipper numbers.