Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fund Spy - Infrastructure

https://www.morningstar.com/articles/1073226/infrastructure-funds-take-their-turn-in-the-spotlight?utm_source=eloqua&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_fundspy&utm_content=33453

The differences between GLIFX and PAVE are enough to consider pairing these two to take advantage of the big spend coming our way. Although GLIFX is 75% Non-US currently.

Comments

• edited December 2021
    GLIFX is institutional. Appears to have a low minimum initial investment of $10,000.

GLFOX (open shares) was recommended to me 6-7 months back by a board member. I substituted it in my real assets sleeve for a commodities fund I felt was getting too expensive. Yes - it is largely outside the U.S. That’s one reason I like it, as I’ve been consciously trying to diversify away from U.S. equities.

As the snippet from Lipper shows, the fund has some moderate exposure to the energy sector. As @KHaw24 notes, the Lazard funds are invested largely (about 75%) outside the U.S. So they aren’t the best choice if you’re trying to play the U.S. infrastructure package. Also - higher than normal expenses might deter some.

GLFOX HOLDINGS - Lipper*

46% Utilities

24% Industrials

8% Oil & Gas

22% Remainder

* http://www.funds.reuters.wallst.com/US/funds/holdings.asp?YYY622_4YK/sRXYOuCHME0X/pCQzhuZTH3KwZb8EX/lL+8rQLdjCHFyfBxMJiSgAFiqzNOF

• I agree with @KHaw24 that PAVE is an enticing play on building back the US infrastructure. I get down every time I read the news of how this great need has been handled by the pettiest of our citizenry. No need to name names.