Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

How Much TIme Do You Dedicate To Managing Your Money?

From Retirement Manifesto:
Below is every step I take during the course of a year while managing our money, along with a brief explanation and an estimate of the time required. Under each step, I’ve included links to previous articles which provide more details for those who would like to dig deeper.

In the conclusion, I’ll provide the final estimate of how much time I spend managing our money over the course of a year.

The final figure surprised me
how-much-time-i-spend-managing-our-money/

Comments

• edited October 2021
    Too much!

Everything’s on auto-pilot. Should be simple. Right?

But …. the scenery keeps changing :)
  • edited October 2021
    Is looking/reviewing is considered 'Managing'? I'd say on weekdays only, I may spend 20 minutes when I'm dedicating time to it (usually 2 days a week). I've learned to not obsess...

Most of my time is doing comparisons and researching new products that come my way. So, I'm not actually in my account and managing...just researching.
  • 1 hour every Jan, April, July, October.