Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

CRDBX - Conquer Risk Defensive Bull fund

CRDBX Conquer Risk Defensive Bull fund - interesting new vehicle, in that it shifts over to Cash on occasion. You can see that if you look at a chart. It is run by a Fund Mgr who focuses on quant trading systems.

Its available at FIDO, but with a $50 TF. When not in cash, its very volatile and it generates higher returns. Will that really continue is the $100M question.

I'll stick with the much more boring CTFAX fund for my "thermostat" holding, but CRDBX could be fun for a small allocation. It goes on my watchlist.

Comments

• I would consider this investing strategy if it was an etf;however, with $50 tf and 5k minimum investment,not at this time.
  • ER seems a tad high also !
  • For the loves of all that's holy, this is not a fund worth investing in and paying 2% ER for the privilege. It currently ONLY holds a 60/40 split between the Vanguard 500 ETF and ProShares UltraPro S&P500 .... pretty much any investor could do the same thing for free.
  • edited July 2021
    Given that this fund holds leveraged ETFs amplifying exposure 3X the S&P 500, I don’t find it particularly defensive. I imagine the goal is to get out of them in time during market slides. Be careful.