Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Any green in your portfolio today ?

TMSRX .19% & PRPFX .08% both up !

Comments

• RLSFX +.70%, HMEAX +.15%, CLMAX +.09%
  • edited May 2021

4 Up / 4 Flat / 9 Down

Best BRCAX +.62 / Worst DODBX -.97

Just another day at the ol’ ball park.:)

• Yup. MGGIX, VIRT, BFARF, BIP, IP, & some option spreads were nicely up today for me. Mostly red otherwise.
  • So ya took it on the chin a tad today

My hussy was the only green today, HSGFX +0.23% , PMEFX down -0.34%, FPACX down -0.66%, newer holding BIVIX, FEVAX, went the wrong way both down over 100 bps...my HD stock, ouch mommy....hopefully tomorrow is a better day

Good Luck to all,

Baseball Fan
  • edited May 2021
    ZERO in the green today. Best were PTIAX and PRSNX, both down 2 cents/share.
    Worst = PRIDX, down -1.21% on the day. Portfolio was down by -0.51%.
  • edited May 2021
    Actually, Hussman’s flagship gained a bit more than reported above by @Baseball_Fan

HSGFX +.29% yesterday.

As @Derf reported, PRPFX (which I also own) was up slightly. A miracle considering several of its components were soft on the day: equities, real estate, precious metals, treasury bonds. I was expecting much worse.

Cuggino‘s got the bond duration all the way down to 2.3 years. Helps explain why it held up better. Often mentioned as a “static allocation” fund, they do play around a bit - particularly with the bond component.
  • rforno said:

Yup. MGGIX, VIRT, BFARF, BIP, IP, & some option spreads were nicely up today for me. Mostly red otherwise.

I looked at Morgan Stanley Inst Global Opp I (MGGIX) and can't figure out why it was up yesterday when most everything else was down. I noticed the same thing with Morgan Stanley Inst Advantage A (MAPPX) which was up 1.31% yesterday.

Some understanding would be appreciated.
  • My only green today (5/12) is CLMAX + .28%.

TMSRX, HRSAX and some s/t bond funds are flat.
  • PFE VUSB RPIEX up. RYMSX only down 1 cent, but I can't recommend this fund, as the fund's strategy remains opaque. Finally, newcomer PHDG up 1.16%, while JEPI down 1.48%-looks like JEPI is getting kicked off the island tomorrow.
  • edited May 2021
    Financial markets are reacting to the surprise 4.2% increase in April's CPI.
    All my holdings are in the red today except for VUSFX which is unchanged.
    I use VUSFX as an alternative to cash.
  • +1 VUSB is my cash alternative at 3 of my 4 brokerages.
  • edited May 2021
    I'll throw this one, for you viewing pleasure again, into the investment stew pot.....Global/popular/diverse etf's, real time.

An investor, and their sometimes love and hate relationship with where their money lives; for your perusal below, from the lyric.

Nowhere To Run
    Martha and the Vandellas

• The Commitments:

• The Commitments:

• PRSNX= "best" today.
    WORST = PRDSX.

Glad the WORST is my smallest holding.
  • @Mona - I own MGGPX and I was not expecting it to be up yesterday but it was. Some of the ARK funds as well. I looked at MGGPX and noted it's foreign holdings at roughly 34% of the portfolio. Maybe that helped. Nowhere to run to today however as it joined the retreat to the rear approach of nearly everything else.