Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Health Sector Funds: FSPHX vs FSMEX and others

2»

Comments

• Thanks catch. I will indeed call Fidelity this coming week to confirm the 10k threshold. Thanks again.
  • Not to hijack the Fidelity Select medical fund theme which I have some positions in, but I've been watching PDFDX which was originally a US based microcap fund now a small cap biotech fund. Still pricey, but the fund is gathering AUM.
  • Ignoring the ER and Transaction fee for a moment... and looking at the performance... how is that fund a 3 star M* fund? Wow. Interesting fund. Good share Shadow.
  • edited February 2021
    Fund has been around for years but has had a lackluster performance. Fund changed its investment style from domestic micro cap fund to predominately health/biotech micro/small cap fund.

Website states that management would close the fund when it gathers $100m in assets.

http://www.perkinsfund.com/performance.html
  • Finally traded FSPHX for FSMEX - long term conviction move. @TheShadow I checked back on PDFDX and sure enough it's up 22.81 for the year vs. FSMEX 12.25. It has performed very well since you mentioned it.
  • @JonGaltIII

PDFDX is sketchy at best. The fund has been around for many years. It previously invested in micro cap stocks; now it invests in micro cap health & biotech companies.

Caveat Emptor...
  • I agree with TheShadow that PDFDX is sketchy at best. It trails its benchmark and category by more than a little. Be careful out there.