Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Why the S&P 500’s bull-market run probably is only getting started

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-the-s-p-500s-bull-market-run-probably-is-only-getting-started-11614820819

Why the S&P 500’s bull-market run probably is only getting started

*It’s been a year since the pandemic first blindsided the U.S., turning many jobs, forms of schooling and ways of socializing into stay-at-home events.

But it’s only about 11 months since the new bull market for the S&P 500 started.*

With the c19 appears improved, unemployment data stabilize, housing also stabilize, hope for brighter future and sustainable bull market

Comments

• I agree with this scenario. My wave analysis is pointing to the SPX at 4300 later this year. Perhaps as early as May. This is nothing more than a healthy to be expected correction. It has absolutely nothing to do with interest rates, as history has shown countless times that rates and stocks often rise in unison.

SPX 3550-3600 is my next buy zone.

• p/e plateau of like 45-50? do you think SP500 4300 would represent reasonable or even high-reasonable valuation?