Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

You want some more ARK, coming soon to a choice near you..... "X"

edited January 2021 in Fund Discussions
Easy to project that this fund will "fly", monetary speaking. Especially, among the Robin Hooder related group, reportedly currently involved in 20% of active trading. Here ya go.....the link.

ARKX

Comments

• Ah that would be a no.
  • Hi @Mark
    You mean you don't need more or it won't fly monetarily?
    Take care,
    Catch
  • They outlined 4 areas of interest that they would be looking at. One of them I strongly suspect will be filled with things I already have exposure to in ARKK. Mostly I just think that there will be a lot of overlap. I'll wait to see a holdings list before investing if ever.
  • The ARKs are starting to feel like a bubble to me. Very 1999-like .... what's next? A Cannibus Tech ETF? How about a Tech-Tech ETF? I'm sure the RH'ers will be all over this -- they see ARK and are attracted to it like moths to a flame, at least based on the past year in ARKK and some of their other ones.

Yes, I'm a bit cynical here. They can't always create 'winners' imho.
  • @rforno et al

Y'all may not "hear" the lyric as I do; but when this popped into my head I heard the current group of traders looking for and chasing the stars and hoping to find lasting monetary love. NO, I'm not knocking the trader folks, and hope most prosper and learn. Covid has brought forth many changes, semi-permanent or not.

Frank Sinatra/Count Basie.....1964, Fly me to the Moon

Fly me to the moon
    Let me play among the stars
    Let me see what spring is like
    On a, Jupiter and Mars
    In other words, hold my hand
    In other words, baby, kiss me
    Fill my heart with song
    And let me sing for ever more
    You are all I long for
    All I worship and adore
    In other words, please be true
    In other words, I love you
    Fill my heart with song
    Let me sing for ever more
    You are all I long for
    All I worship and adore
    In other words, please be true
    In other words, in other words
    I love you.
  • @rforno - I wondered about that when I first invested in ARKK. Tech stocks were doing well and I wanted to see that the Innovation fund was different than QQQ or FTEC. It was by a large difference so I was comfortable taking a position. I can agree that it may be getting ahead of itself at this time hence no funding additions for some time.
  • edited January 2021
    So besides the reference from @Derf (re: Virgin Galactic (SPCE) soaring) Barron's thinks these other stocks will be the main beneficiaries of this new ETF.

Stable Road Acquisition (SRAC) and Maxar Technologies (MAXR) both of which have already soared more than 20%.

Also Lockheed Martin (LMT) and Northrup Grumman (NOC) each with less of a bump.
  • Another Cathy Wood (founder of ARK Invest) article:
    the-power-of-story-telling