Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

So, who's gonna be the first to buy DONUTS?

Market up, portfolio down... Hmmm. It's that time of year. And it's nice to see. Don't be fooled, or YOU'LL have to be the one to buy donuts for everyone.

Comments

• beebee
    edited December 2020
    I try to aggregate my portfolio (which reside in separate accounts) by using Yahoo!Finance. I can create a comprehensive portfolio and update share prices to my personal spreadsheet file using Yahoo!Finance

I try to update my spreadsheet once a month as a result of share buys, share sells, and dividends. In December, I usually update on the weekends due to ST / LT distributions.

December is also not a bad time to evaluate your In taxable accounts for "tax harvesting" losses.

@TheShadow does a great job of keeping us all posted on these year end distributions. Thanks, @TheShadow

Looks like a cruller, doughnut?
  • hee hee...

• Not sure what you mean by donuts. I mean, all I do is make my morning espressos, log into MFO, check my accounts and OMG WHY DID ONE OF MY FUNDS LOSE 9% OVERNIGHT AND SHOULD I SELL TODAY??

Tis the season --- couldn't resist. ;)
  • I have *no* idea what this thread is about.
  • @Ben,
    Many years ago, on the antecedent FundAlarm site, someone (?Rono) proposed that folks who set their hair on fire about a sudden dip in mutual fund NAV during distribution season without first checking whether a distribution had been made, then brought anxious questions to the board ("What happened yesterday that my fund took a deep dive when all indexes were up?"), should repent this mortal sin by bringing donuts for everyone. A mendicant posture also seemed appropriate.
  • That is one of the reasons why I started the yearly CG thread to prevent people from asking why did my fund drop 2-3% or the like.
  • OH! Now I get it. Thank you.

@Ben,
    Many years ago, on the antecedent FundAlarm site, someone (?Rono) proposed that folks who set their hair on fire about a sudden dip in mutual fund NAV during distribution season without first checking whether a distribution had been made, then brought anxious questions to the board ("What happened yesterday that my fund took a deep dive when all indexes were up?"), should repent this mortal sin by bringing donuts for everyone. A mendicant posture also seemed appropriate.