Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Disgusting swamp goo.
  • Mark said it for me.
  • edited October 2020
    Mark said:

Disgusting swamp goo.

I agree. I wasn't in that meeting but I sold most of my portfolio(all bond funds) at the end of 02/2020 documented (here).

But, the following (link) is also a disgusting swamp goo and we can call it Joe Quid pro quo.

• @FD1000- For someone who complained frequently about being subjected to"off-topic" commentary you seem to have no problem introducing some real crap in an investing forum area.

A separate isolated Off-Topic forum area was created specifically because of those complaints. How about using it?
  • edited October 2020
    Old_Joe, pay attention who posted about politics first. If you guys want to discuss politics please use the off-topic.

It's pretty clear see below

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/14/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-investors.html
  • edited October 2020
    FD1000 said:

Mark said:

Disgusting swamp goo.

I agree. I wasn't in that meeting but I sold most of my portfolio(all bond funds) at the end of 02/2020 documented (here).

But, the following (link) is also a disgusting swamp goo and we can call it Joe Quid pro quo.

You obviously do not know and have not cared to find out that this is bullshit and has been known to be so for some time. Do I need to post cites? I mean, seriously, dude.
  • edited October 2020
    @FD1000: David's link that you are referring to is PRIMARILY about investing issues, and incidentally about financial sleaze at the White House. Your link is simply more right-wing garbage with NO relation to investing, yet you have no problem making a totally false equivalency. No wonder you generate such antipathy from and lack of credibility with other posters.
  • plus this NYPost one is a pernicious known lie and should be cut from the thread
  • edited October 2020
    He posts known lies and then wonders why people have a problem believing his incredibly great financial performance- absolutely the best since Abraham Lincoln. Oh, wait... that's the other guy...
  • It would be amazing if someone so successful and so sharing of that success triggered the first censorship of known lies on MFO, as policies were enforced a la Twitter and Facebook, both of which have blocked the NYPost charge
  • plus this NYPost one is a pernicious known lie and should be cut from the thread

absolutely. but the trumpsters are by now unequivocally post-truth, post-factual. alternative facts, alternative universe. no ethics. right and wrong just do not matter to them.
  • @Crash- Surely you can't be suggesting that "right and wrong just do not matter" to all of those born-again Trumpian bible-thumpers!
  • edited October 2020

FD1000 said:

Mark said:

Disgusting swamp goo.

You obviously do not know and have not cared to find out that this is bullshit and has been known to be so for some time. Do I need to post cites? I mean, seriously, dude.
    Except now we have the PC hard drive with the emails or rather the repair guy does.

I suppose "The Swamp" is in the eye of the beholder.
  • oh, go read up

gawd
  • Gary1952 said:

FD1000 said:

Mark said:

Disgusting swamp goo.

Except now we have the PC hard drive with the emails or rather the repair guy does.

I suppose "The Swamp" is in the eye of the beholder.
    GOP Senator Sasse certainly has his opinion of "The Swamp".