Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

M* Portf Mngr. still down

....Everything is ZERO, except that this past FRIDAY'S total appears.

Comments

• Working fine for me now. It could have been fixed (try again), or it could just be that M* doesn't like you:-)
  • Goose eggs. They don't like me either.

Wasn't the market closed for Columbus Day? But usually they show the activity of the last day of trading.
  • edited October 2020
    Mostly showing all zeros at this moment (but total values are accurate). I can think of 101 worse things that might happen today.
  • WABAC said:

Goose eggs. They don't like me either.

Wasn't the market closed for Columbus Day? But usually they show the activity of the last day of trading.

No, markets were open yesterday - shouldn’t be the issue.
  • What can I say? It's still working for me. I even tried a second browser just to make sure there wasn't anything cached.

The markets were open (and way up) yesterday. But the banks were closed, which is why Fidelity wouldn't count yesterday as a business day for paying bills.
  • edited October 2020
    msf said:

The markets were open (and way up) yesterday. But the banks were closed, which is why Fidelity wouldn't count yesterday as a business day for paying bills.

Equity markets were open but bond markets were closed. That’s weird as there’d seem to be a fine line between some types of bonds (ie: C-rated corporates & convertibles ) and equities. T. Rowe showed modest changes in at least some of their bond funds nonetheless. Makes one wonder ,,, although foreign holdings might account for some change. (Possibly FVP as well).

Here’s the story -

“The United States bond market never officially shuts down, but it observes the holiday trading schedule recommended by the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA).
    Bond market holidays are not enforced, but merely recommended. However, the U.S. Treasury market has been closed for trading on Columbus Day dating back to the depression-era, so SIFMA again recommended it remained closed.

The reason for this is more practical than historical. Columbus Day is a bank holiday. Most banks and banking institutions are closed, as is the Federal Reserve Banks in New York and Washington. Columbus Day is also a partial federal holiday with many department and services suspending operations, including the U.S. Postal Service.

“The closing of the Fed also shuts down the Federal Reserve Wire Transfer system (Fedwire). Fedwire is the national electronic payment system to transfer funds through Federal Reserve Banks. With the Federal Reserve, the Fedwire and large money center banks all closed, the U.S. government bond market is basically forced to shut down as well. There are no bond auctions because the issuer of Federal Debt, the U.S. Treasury, is also closed.”
    LINK

Re @Crash’s issue - It can be frustrating to have the “lights go out” on a portfolio if contemplating a buy / sell and not being able to fit all the pieces together in terms of maintaining the proper allocation. I use M* as a “backup” to a better tracker from Apple’s app-store that I pay a small fee for. Unfortunately, the paid tracker is much less reliable than the free M* tracker (but great when it works). So, I guess Morningstar’s entitled to a bad day once in a while.

• I have portfolios set up on M* and M* Portfolio Manager on T. Rowe Price. The portfolios on M* are not working and the ones on T. Rowe Price are working fine. Go figure. I have tried Firefox and Google Chrome.
  • "We are currently experiencing an issue with Portf. Manager...." At the top of the webpage. 11:30 a.m. Hawaii Time, 5:30 P.M. Eastern, Tues. 13th October.
  • crash I think they're trying to tell you something.....
  • carew388 said:

crash I think they're trying to tell you something.....

LOL LOL LOL Laugh. Good one!