Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Trump and allies ratchet up disinformation efforts in late stage of campaign

Old_Skeet, as a Southern Democrat, how do you feel about this?

"On Aug. 30, the president retweeted footage of a Black man violently pushing a White woman on a subway platform under the caption, “Black Lives Matter/Antifa” — but the man was not affiliated with either group, and the video was shot in October. White House social media director Dan Scavino shared a manipulated video that falsely showed Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden seeming to fall asleep during a television interview, complete with a fake TV headline. "

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-and-allies-ratchet-up-disinformation-efforts-in-late-stage-of-campaign/ar-BB18LGhP?li=BBorjTa

Comments

• edited September 2020
    Hi Ms Anna

BREAKING: Hill Republicans suspect disputed anonymous story re Trump disrespecting fallen war vets was planted by Biden campaign: Biden used The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg pal Rep Conor Lamb (D-PA, Marine major) to amplify story. Goal:blunting military absentee ballots for Trump

Twitter @paul Sperry

Not sure about disinformation only on one side (DNC VS GOP). Think both sides are playing hard balls now /final stretch/ ..all hands on deck
    It will be bloody text 60 days - LITERALLY

personal I think it will be extremely close and not sure who will win. The stakes are extremely high. I am not affiliated with gop nor dnc but i wsnt to do my own dilligence analysis before jumping into judgements
  • edited September 2020
    johnN said:

I am not affiliated with gop nor dnc but i wsnt to do my own dilligence analysis before jumping into judgements

And yet you post stuff from ZeroHedge and other confirmed sources of foreign and/or partisan disinformation & conspiracy theories in these forums. I'm not sure that 'diligence analysis' is being done correctly if the goal is to spark rational discourse here.
  • "BREAKING: Hill Republicans suspect disputed anonymous story re Trump disrespecting fallen war vets was planted by Biden campaign"

You mean that story that Fox News found to be accurate? Maybe they helped "plant it" too.

@johnN: Tell us, John- how exactly do you "plant" a factual report?
  • @Old_Joe, Perhaps with a Truth-O-Shovel

• That logic ranks right up there with Tweety Amin's Fake News Syndrome....

Tweety: "I never said/did X."

MSM runs video of him doing/saying *exactlly* X. Possibly repeatedly.

Tweety denies it as 'fake news' when all they did is report on his own actions.

Believe in what Tweety says, and only what Tweety says. Ignore what anyone else says or reports on -- unless it's to praise Tweety, in which case it's also totally believable, too.

THAT is the real 'Trump Derangement Syndrome.'
    Old_Joe said:

"BREAKING: Hill Republicans suspect disputed anonymous story re Trump disrespecting fallen war vets was planted by Biden campaign"

You mean that story that Fox News found to be accurate? Maybe they helped "plant it" too.

@johnN: Tell us, John- how exactly do you "plant" a factual report?