Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Renowned EU Scientist: COVID-19 Was Engineered In China Lab, Effective Vaccine "Unlikely"

It will not be possible for the Dr. Fauci’s of the world to dismiss Professor Giuseppe Tritto as a crank.

Not only is he an internationally known expert in biotechnology and nanotechnology who has had a stellar academic career, but he is also the president of the World Academy of Biomedical Sciences and Technologies (WABT), an institution founded under the aegis of UNESCO in 1997. In other words, he is a man of considerable stature in the global scientific community. Equally important, one of the goals of WABT is to analyze the effect of biotechnologies - like genetic engineering - on humanity.

In his new book, this world-class scientist does exactly that. And what he says is that the China Virus definitely wasn’t a freak of nature that happened to cross the species barrier from bat to man. It was genetically engineered in the Wuhan Institute of Virology’s P4 (high-containment) lab in a program supervised by the Chinese military.

Click on the link to continue to read ... https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/renowned-eu-scientist-covid-19-was-engineered-china-lab-effective-vaccine-unlikely

Comments

• Old_Skeet said:

It will not be possible for the Dr. Fauci’s of the world to dismiss Professor Giuseppe Tritto as a crank.

Not only is he an internationally known expert in biotechnology and nanotechnology who has had a stellar academic career, but he is also the president of the World Academy of Biomedical Sciences and Technologies (WABT), an institution founded under the aegis of UNESCO in 1997. In other words, he is a man of considerable stature in the global scientific community. Equally important, one of the goals of WABT is to analyze the effect of biotechnologies - like genetic engineering - on humanity.

In his new book, this world-class scientist does exactly that. And what he says is that the China Virus definitely wasn’t a freak of nature that happened to cross the species barrier from bat to man. It was genetically engineered in the Wuhan Institute of Virology’s P4 (high-containment) lab in a program supervised by the Chinese military.

Click on the link to continue to read ... https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/renowned-eu-scientist-covid-19-was-engineered-china-lab-effective-vaccine-unlikely

"Dr Benjamin Neuman is a virologist with 24 years experience in studying coronaviruses. He was part of the taxonomy study group that named the 2019 novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) that causes COVID-19."

• the zero hedge site is confusing and loaded with adds. Publishing a book that claims to have definitive information about the worlds wore pandemic only in Italian seems a bit suspicious. If he is such and expert and has such a strong case, why wouldn't an English language publisher be on board? Most of the evidence is in English and Chinese not Italian. It has been widely understood that the US was funding some of the Wuhan lab research in novel corona viruses, hoping to cut off the next pandemic.

Much more experienced and well known virologists do not agree this was a manipulated virus and have evidence to back this

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

I would put far more credence in an article in the world's most premiere peer reviewed journal than in a book written in Italian by a man with no experience in virology
  • I would put far more credence in an article in the world's most premiere peer reviewed journal than in a book written in Italian by a man with no experience in virology
    I could not agree more. Nature is premiere peer-review journals that I trust of the quality of data.
  • Regarding Zerohedge as an unreliable source of Russian propaganda, please click here and examine Figure 2.2: https://rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/research_reports/RR2200/RR2237/RAND_RR2237.pdf
  • thanks for the reference. Regardless of the origin, people should examine facts and data before enthusiastically recommending most of the junk on the web today. Unfortunately many people do not want to seriously consider facts, hard science, or data driven studies. The Hydroxycholoroquine French study was a classic example of a poorly done, biased study that should never have seen the light of day

If you can read a balance sheet, or make investment decisions based on economic data you should be able to apply the same rigorous methodology to Covid . But I have Ivy League trained Doctor friends who would never treat a patient without reviewing the scientific evidence, buy into these conspiracy theories whole hog and parrot everything you know who says. Other lawyer relatives insist for years that Climate Change is " a plot" by "scientists" to increase their grant funding. They refuse to read Nature or Science or PNAS articles position papers or anything else that might change their minds.
  • edited August 2020
    You can always find scientists arguing about something. Pubmed.gov is a good place to look.

Recently Dr. Harvey Risch has pushed back on the design of hydroxychloroquinine studies that claim to show the drug doesn't work. Risch says they were poorly designed. Spend enough time reading science papers (and it really doesn't take much time at all) and you'll learn that this is a favorite topic for scientists.

Go to pubmed.gov and you will discover that Risch has his name attached to 292 studies. How about the "renowned" Giuseppe Tritto? Just one. It's from 2004: Robotic technology applied to meet the requirements of tools to support microsurgery and cellular surgery.

People that want to learn more about the organization Tritto is president of might try sifting through this mess of a website.

Or, they can look at his linked in page. There you can discover:
    MD, Surgeon, Urologist, Reconstructive Microsurgeon
    Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
    January 2000 – December 2006 (7 years)
    Reconstructive Microsurgery in the Male, Female and Children Genital Area
    No doubt that these are worthy and needful skills. But scientists (like many others) do love to question each others credentials when they step outside their area of expertise to venture an opinion. Dr. Ben Carson is a talented surgeon, but I wouldn't seek his opinion on Egyptian pyramids. For that we have archaeologists and Egyptologists.

I wonder what scientists like Risch and Tritto think about climate change. Most scientists believe it is cause by human activity. But you can always find scientists that disagree.
  • I love the seemingly innocent but snidely derogatory "the Dr. Fauci’s of the world".

Would you be meaning those doctors who have devoted their lives to public safety and the exploration and investigation of epidemiological disease?

Why would anyone listen to "the Dr. Fauci’s of the world" when there's an alternative doctor with no particular experience in the field? Sure... let's go with that guy... hell, he must be good or zero hedge wouldn't be pushing him.

Jesus.
  • Old_Joe said:

I love the seemingly innocent but snidely derogatory "the Dr. Fauci’s of the world".

Would you be meaning those doctors who have devoted their lives to public safety and the exploration and investigation of epidemiological disease?

Why would anyone listen to "the Dr. Fauci’s of the world" when there's an alternative doctor with no particular experience in the field? Sure... let's go with that guy... hell, he must be good or zero hedge wouldn't be pushing him.

Jesus.

But if you ever need your urethra re-plumbed, Dr. Tritto's the man.

• Or you could go with the 'my pillow' guy. I hear he's a medical expert as well. Heck, he even made it on to Anderson Cooper' show. Gotta be legit right?
  • edited August 2020
    I need to take some of the Oleandrin that Michael Lindell (the pillow guy) is peddling. He has an financial interest in Phoenix Biotechnology so he can get my money.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Lindell#:~:text=Mankato, Minnesota, U.S.&text=Michael James Lindell (born%20June,%22the%20My%20Pillow%20guy%22.

Anderson Cooper really grilled Michael Lindell during his interview.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerium (or Oleandrin)
  • >> It will not be possible for the Dr. Faucis of the world to dismiss Professor Giuseppe Tritto as a crank.

now that's funny

we need a comedy heading, also a zerohedge fantasy heading
  • OS, when you need some variety, go read Epoch Times
  • I will keep saying this, spreading garbage from a Russian influenced website who's goal it is is to spread chaos and division between Americans and to splinter our democracy is down right unpatriotic at it's core, unwittingly or not. It is every Americans job in this day and age to fact check the source. This source has political intent to harm our democracy.
  • edited August 2020
    Old_Skeet said:

Not only is he an internationally known expert in biotechnology and nanotechnology who has had a stellar academic career, but he is also the president of the World Academy of Biomedical Sciences and Technologies (WABT), an institution founded under the aegis of UNESCO in 1997.

I thought everything connected with the UN was suspect and not to be trusted. How come UNESCO and Tritto get a pass?

Speaking of facts and data, Mrs. Ruffles works for a company one of whose claims to fame is a measure of how well respected a researcher’s work is. This is based on the number and type of research articles the researcher has published (as well as the quality of the publication in which it was published), how often they have been cited by other research articles, and the context in which they have been cited, among other data and analysis that are trade secrets.

I could ask her to run Dr. Tritto through her system but as someone with an analytical background (and some exposure to scientific research and biotechnology), I’m pretty sure we would come up with what scientists refer to as a Big Fat Goose Egg.
  • edited August 2020
    MrRuffles said:

I could ask her to run Dr. Tritto through her system but as someone with an analytical background (and some exposure to scientific research and biotechnology), I’m pretty sure we would come up with what scientists refer to as a Big Fat Goose Egg.

I found one at pubmed. Found quite a few more at this link after your post stirred my curiosity again

He's a urologist into microsurgery and robotics. I won't claim to know how to evaluate his credentials in the world of urology.
  • WABAC said:

I found one at pubmed. Found quite a few more at this link after your post stirred my curiosity again

He's a urologist into microsurgery and robotics. I won't claim to know how to evaluate his credentials in the world of urology.

I wasn’t claiming he had no publications, just that his reputation score was likely nil.

Most of his publications are conference proceedings, not even a journal let alone Nature, JAMA, The Lancet, or even any major urology journals. Also the second column entitled “CITATA DA“ is how many times each of his articles was cited. He only has one in double digits and that’s only 15.
  • MrRuffles said:

WABAC said:

I wasn’t claiming he had no publications, just that his reputation score was likely nil.

Most of his publications are conference proceedings, not even a journal let alone Nature, JAMA, The Lancet, or even any major urology journals. Also the second column entitled “CITATA DA“ is how many times each of his articles was cited. He only has one in double digits and that’s only 15.
    Right. Nothing to indicate that he knows any more about biotech than Dr. Carson knows about pyramids.
  • edited August 2020
    MikeM said:

I will keep saying this, spreading garbage from a Russian influenced website who's goal it is is to spread chaos and division between Americans and to splinter our democracy is down right unpatriotic at it's core, unwittingly or not. It is every Americans job in this day and age to fact check the source. This source has political intent to harm our democracy.

How do you feel about a press agency of the Roman Catholic Pontifical Institute for Foreign Missions?

They're covering it too

Yeah. The Russkies are pushing it for their own reasons. But the fact is, it's out there anyway since the book is published. And the publisher, Edizionni Cantagalli, is deeply connected to, or owned, by the Roman Catholic Church.

I don't know how you convince someone that they're being duped by the Russkies when they can say "See. The Catholic Church agrees with me."

I'm open to suggestions.
  • I don't know how you convince someone that they're being duped by the Russkies when they can say "See. The Catholic Church agrees with me."
    Priests have used that line while doing a lot worse.
  • edited August 2020
    From that apparently Catholic-connected link, I clicked on a sub-link re: The Church's Social Doctrine. That reflects the church's priorities rather well. The current pope is not perfect, just way overdue. http://www.asianews.it/theme-en/Social-Doctrine-of-the-Church-3.html
  • I don't know how you convince someone that they're being duped by the Russkies when they can say "See. The Catholic Church agrees with me."
    Priests have used that line while doing a lot worse.
    You won't get an argument from me on that.
  • @WABAC, I was raised a Catholic, 12 years of Catholic schools in fact. I believe this is the reason I am now an Agnostic today. So to your comment, I have nothing to say about what the Vatican says.

• @MikeM & @WABAC: Me too... am now a born-again agnostic.