Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

T. Rowe Price Launches Semi-Transparent ETFs

edited August 2020 in Fund Discussions
These semi-transparent ETFs are "clones" of existing mutual funds.
Inception date is 08/04/2020.

Name Ticker Expense Ratio

Blue Chip Growth ETF TCHP 0.57%
Dividend Growth ETF TDVG 0.50%
Equity Income ETF TEQI 0.54%
Growth Stock ETF TGRW 0.52%

Link

Comments

• edited August 2020
    I'm not seeing much volume on these ETFs. Meaning, as much as I'd consider adding TCHP to my portfolio, I wouldn't touch it anytime soon due to liquidity concerns .... not that I'd be trading it, but when I want to get out of a position, I want to *get* out, not wait hours for an order to fill. By contrast, if you want to sell an OEF, you can be guaranteed out by the end of the day.
  • Hi @rforno
    but when I want to get out of a position, I want to *get* out, not wait hours for an order to fill. By contrast, if you want to sell an OEF, you can be guaranteed out by the end of the day.
    Have you experienced significant delays "getting out" of some etf's, etc. ?
  • Out of ETFs? I don't think so. But I have been caught in low-liquidity stocks that took hours, and in some cases, days, to fill a simple order to dump just 1 or 2000 shares ... sometimes even that could move the needle on very thinly-traded symbols. As a result of those lessons learned, I rarely touch stuff without ~80-100K or more daily volume.
    catch22 said:

Hi @rforno

but when I want to get out of a position, I want to *get* out, not wait hours for an order to fill. By contrast, if you want to sell an OEF, you can be guaranteed out by the end of the day.
    Have you experienced significant delays "getting out" of some etf's, etc. ?