Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Bonanza for Rich Real Estate Investors, Tucked Into Stimulus Package

"Senate Republicans inserted an easy-to-overlook provision on page 203 of the 880-page bill that would permit wealthy investors to use losses generated by real estate to minimize their taxes on profits from things like investments in the stock market. The estimated cost of the change over 10 years is $170 billion."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/bonanza-for-rich-real-estate-investors-tucked-into-stimulus-package/ar-BB11L4im

Comments

• Just shocked I tell you, just shocked.
  • A single person with an AGI of $99,000 gets nothing. The Clown, Eric, Jr., and Jared clean up.

Of course this is the way it should be.
  • So infuriating especially in view of so many others in need who are infinitely more worthy. When will others see the light or get the message.
  • I'm not sure what there is to even say. Certainly no one can be surprised at this. Those people are what they are, and will never change.
  • Thankfully there are others who were raised better who continue to do the opposite.

Stories of Hope
  • Ya, no surprise at this "surprise." But I still can't stop my head from exploding. Repugnant Party.