Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Economic numbers out of China

Do not look so rosy.
Retail sales plunged 20.5% during January and February over the same period in 2019, industrial output was down 13.5%, and fixed asset investment fell by nearly 25%, according to the National Bureau of Statistics. All three data points were much weaker than analysts were expecting, and the decline in industrial production was the sharpest contraction on record.

The data for March could be even worse.

"The slump in February was diluted in the data by being averaged with January, when most of the disruptions were yet to be felt," said Julian Evans-Pritchard, senior China economist for Capital Economics.
The Fed just shot their bolt. Or maybe they were giving a one finger salute to the White House and Capital Hill.

Let's get fiscal, fiscal
I want to get fiscal
Let's get into fiscal
Let me hear your policy talk, your policy talk
Let me hear your policy talk

Comments

• funny.
  • It only hurts when I laugh.

But I think we've gone about as far as we can go with monetary policy. And Mitch fiddles around.
  • See, you just don't get it. Mitch and the boys are NOT there to have the government help anyone other than those who pay them off. They are there to STOP the government from interfering with free enterprise, or lord help them, "giving away" taxpayer dollars to the unclean and undeserving.

They are doing exactly what they were sent there to do.

• edited March 2020
    WABAC said:

“Let's get fiscal.

I want to get fiscal.

Let's get into fiscal (now).

Let me hear your policy talk.

Let me hear your policy talk.”

Man! What a cool job you’re done mimicking the rythm of “Surfin Safari” by the Beach Boys.

• edited March 2020
    Hey there Hank. You need to talk to Olivia Newton John first. Sweat bands. Spandex. Leg warmers.

Sheena is a Punk Rocker
    was more my style in those days.