Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

OT - Trump Declares National Day of Prayer Sunday, March 15

2»

Comments

• DJT - he's totally convinced the "J" is for genius.
  • edited March 2020
    FWIW - Trump just announced: nation-wide ban on gatherings of 10 people or more . *

* Correction: While I thought it sounded like an “order” (and so reported). Bloomberg is now reporting that the ban is simply a “recommendation” from the CDC - not an actual order.
    Sorry for the initial incorrect report.

- Praying should now be performed alone (or in small groups).

- That should also take care of any large public demonstrations or displays of outrage.

- Wonder how that applies to shopping in a grocery (or other)?

- Might mess up Primary Elections. Only 10 persons at a polling place?

PS - Trump at one point said the ban was for groups of “over 10 persons.” But at another point he said it was for groups of “10 or more persons.” So I’m even more confused than usual here.:)
  • Old_Joe said:

Evidently some of us actually like being lied to. "Please, Mr. President, can you tell us another one?"

"If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor". Whoops, sorry. Wrong guy.
  • Yep, I'll give you that one. Which now leaves us with a ratio of a bit more than 16,000 to 1, according to the last count.
  • Hank said "That should also take care of any large public demonstrations or displays of outrage."

That may be the real reason for the recommendation.
  • Old_Joe said:

Yep, I'll give you that one. Which now leaves us with a ratio of a bit more than 16,000 to 1, according to the last count.

Not only that, but '52man pretends not to know the difference b/w making a mistake during evolving policy (and moreover acknowledging same) and an actual lie in all its mendacity, x 16k.

Whatever, and typical whataboutism.