Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Intent to retire

I am sending in my '' Intent to retire "' paperwork in to the Union. After 43 years as an union Electrician I am ready. April 1, 2020 is the day. I will be 62 in October of 2020. MFO has been a big help over the years. Lurk mostly now days.

Comments

• Congratulations and best wishes on your impending retirement. I trust that the date you selected is for real and not a joke.
  • Real for me. For everyone else to wonder...
  • edited December 2019
    Be sure to kiss the envelope before you shove it into the mail.:)

Congrats Art.
  • Congratulations to you on your retirement!
  • Does that mean you can spend more time on MFO ha ha
    Best Wishes
  • It means I can do what ever I want, with in reason of course. I am often asked "what I am going to do''? Which I reply " It's not what I am going to do but what I am not going to do. Not going to work!
  • When my father retired he used to say that "every day was Sunday". Congrats, and a whole lot of Sundays to you!
  • Wonderful! Best wishes going forward.
  • Congrats! I hope to join you in 9 years...
  • Congrats! I retired in 2006 at 63. No regrets and very busy. Welcome to a new adventure!
  • edited December 2019
    Hi art..thx congrats..
    Can you pls share any lessons learnt past 15 yrs and also your largest 3 holdings [MFs etf stocketc] if you don't mind
    Kind regards good luck
    I am glad you retire now...in your field of work any split seconds of work could be very dangerous last situations /seconds
    Thankyou

7 to 10 yrs to go for me
  • Hi @Art,

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement.

Old_Skeet
  • Skeet, Thank you sir. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.
  • Art,
    Wishing you a happy retirement!! Merry Christmas!
    God bless
    the Pudd