Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

China's Xi Signals Approval for Trump's Trade War Demands

(what's the catch?)

"Xi spent a large portion of his speech Friday addressing Chinese domestic reforms, pledging to address state subsidies, protect intellectual property rights, allow foreign investment in more sectors and avoid competitive devaluation of the yuan. All four are issues the U.S. is addressing in trade talks with Beijing."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-26/china-s-xi-signals-approval-for-trump-s-trade-war-demands

Comments

• Hi Mark,

Let's hope. While I despise the man, when a dog something good, you give him a treat. Yesterday, he told everyone to get their measles vaccination. Here you go Donnie, have a pig ear.

Hopefully, his trade with China will work out for the best in the long run. [note that as I was typing, I was making doubtful remarks to myself].

and so it goes,

peace,

rono
  • "Here you go Donnie, have a pig ear."

Funniest line on this site ever! Thanks! You made my day.
  • Time will tell if they really follow on these. They may even pass some laws to please US etc but leave them largely unimplemented.
  • so much winning...I do miss the greatest person that ever walk the earth [Mr/Mrs] president *****
  • Time will tell if they really follow on these. They may even pass some laws to please US etc but leave them largely unimplemented.
    It doesn't really matter if China follows through or not. This is really about fodder for the next election.