Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

“Trump Nominates Famous Idiot Stephen Moore to Federal Reserve Board”

Both funny and sad, yet absurdly relevant to your financial future if he gets in:
https://google.com/amp/nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2019/03/stephen-moore-federal-reserve-trump.html

Comments

• I nominate rono
  • edited March 2019
    Likely a coming campaign issue, regardless of whether or not he gets in.

Democracy at work - Voters should determine central bank policy, interest rates and whether the stock market goes up or down.
  • TedTed
    edited March 2019
    @MFO Members: Must apologize for the delay in awarding one of the dumbest statement ever made on the web, " voters should determine Federal Reserve policy & interest rates." It will take some time for the trophy 'Stupid Statement Award Of The Decade' to be made, it's that huge. Next thing the poster will want is for us to vote on who lives and dies.
    Regards,
    Ted:(:(:(
  • edited March 2019
    @Ted - I thought some might not understand the more subtle implications and edited my initial post 20 minutes later to include that the nomination is a smart political move. Happy now?

Who appointed you 24/7 MFO “enforcer”? Could you kindly list the times of day you’re not on the site so some of us may post without getting into unnecessary confrontation?
  • @ MFO Members: 7:00 PM CDST to 3:00 AM CDST
  • @Ted, Thanks:)
  • Both funny and sad, yet absurdly relevant to your financial future if he gets in:
    https://google.com/amp/nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2019/03/stephen-moore-federal-reserve-trump.html

Such a moron, for so many years. At least he's been perfectly consistent. Who's the next nominee? Laffer?

• That would indeed be a Laffer if only he weren't so stupidly dangerous.
  • @hank- Well, a reluctant "congratulations" from me can't really disguise my great disappointment at your having received Ted's 'Stupid Statement Award Of The Decade' trophy. Because of my age, there's now almost no chance that I'll live long enough to compete again in the next decade.

I guess that I'll have to be satisfied with his 'intent in order to advance a left-wing communist agenda' honorable mention, but somehow it's just not the same.

Well, congratulations anyway, I guess.
  • It is one of many examples of Republicans saying one thing in opposition and doing completely opposite when it is convenient for them. In addition, we have tried "trickle" down economics several times and it did not work but like a religion they keep pushing the same tried and failed policies over an over again.

To get a job in Trump administration it does not matter you are qualified or not. The only requirement if you suck up to the man as best as possible. Facts and principles do not matter.

The sad part is that voters fall into these lies over and over again and are convinced to vote for something that is not in their best interest. Many believed Obama Care was something they wanted to get rid of until they found that they were using it. What levels ignorance!
  • edited March 2019
    ..."The sad part is that voters fall into these lies over and over again and are convinced to vote for something that is not in their best interest. Many believed Obama Care was something they wanted to get rid of until they found that they were using it. What levels ignorance!"

It's totally frightening. Logic and critical thinking are increasingly rare. A nation of semi-literates. ...As the English language dies a slow death by a million cuts.

*But we're not the only ones. Remember the shoe-fetishist, Imelda Marcos? She moved back to the Philippines and has been elected to Congress over there. Dumb-ass voters everywhere.
  • edited March 2019
    Old_Joe said:

@hank- Well, a reluctant "congratulations" from me can't really disguise my great disappointment at your having received Ted's 'Stupid Statement Award Of The Decade' trophy.

No problem @Old_Joe. Some people don’t pick up on satire well.:)

Plus, if you dish it out (as I sometimes do) you have to be willing to take it.
  • @hank; +1
    Derf