Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Oakmark International Fund to re-open to new investors

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/872323/000110465918073225/a18-41291_1497.htm

497 1 a18-41291_1497.htm 497

Harris Associates Investment Trust

Oakmark International Fund (the “Fund”)

Supplement dated December 17, 2018 to the Fund’s Prospectus and Summary Prospectus, each dated January 26, 2018

This supplement serves as notification of the following change:

Effective December 17, 2018, the Fund will re-open to all investors. Accordingly, all references to the Fund being closed to most new investors are hereby deleted in their entirety from the Prospectus and Summary Prospectus, effective as of December 17, 2018.

PLEASE RETAIN THIS SUPPLEMENT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.

Comments

• Hey Harris, how about you worry about delivering some better performance before you start gathering more assets. Greedy SoBs.
  • wonder what herro's thinking about global warming is now
  • Ugh. Oakmark grossly underperformed in int'l this year. What they invest in? Snake oil? Looking forward to dumping this and licking wounds.
  • Billions of dollars have left the fund, and Herro has led it into a patch of dreadful under-performance. It is a difficult fund to own because its middle name is "volatility." That has pretty much always been the case. I don't own ARTKX but I have long been interested in the way Herro's former co-managers went off and matched his returns but without the wild swings.
  • JoJo26 said:

Hey Harris, how about you worry about delivering some better performance before you start gathering more assets. Greedy SoBs.

I don’t follow this fund. But am extremely disappointed in how poorly OAKBX has held up during recent market swoon. Long held it as a defensive “finger in the dike”. But it’s leaked recently like an old tub. No defensive posture? I’m out the door.
  • I sold out of this fund in 2012 when it performed so poorly in 3Q 2011.
  • They need to put some more gas into Oakmark International Small Cap first !

Harris, don't tell me you're going the Royce route...I think I'd just about lose all faith in humanity.