Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Are we being invaded?

edited November 2018 in Off-Topic
I know this is off topic. But an invasion of these United States would have serious repercussions for investors.
So I ask: Is our country being invaded?

I’ve linked two opposing videos.

(1) Our leader says Yes. https://globalnews.ca/video/4621153/this-is-an-invasion-totally-legal-to-stop-it-trump-on-caravan

(2) Shepard Smith at Fox says No. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/10/31/shep_smith_there_is_no_invasion_no_one_is_coming_to_get_you_theres_nothing_at_all_to_worry_about.html

You decide.

Comments

• Paranoid, childish, idiotic, unhinged, narcissistic, vapid, psychotic, ignorant... I'm not talking about that OTHER clown, Shepard Smith.
  • Well, "unhinged" may be a little excessive...

• No, we are not. Full stop.

Not to mention, as Trevor Noah said this week, what kind of 'invasion' gives the enemy 3 months' notice?
  • Trump even admitted he needs to incite his base with these shenanigans. And the (40%) sheeple do follow him.
  • I feel this thread invaded my time...
  • rforno said:

what kind of 'invasion' gives the enemy 3 months' notice?

Lots of them. That Hubble telescope can spot their ships before they hit the solar system.

Oh, not that kind of alien invasion?
  • There are 3007 counties in the lower 48. I suppose that might come out to two sickly tired and hungry refugees per county If 6014 of them make here. My bet is the repuglican national committee organized and paid for the caravan because they have become bored with taking health insurance away from the poor and middle class and this seems like it might excite their rank and file. Thanks repuglicans.
  • larryB said:

There are 3007 counties in the lower 48. I suppose that might come out to two sickly tired and hungry refugees per county If 6014 of them make here. My bet is the repuglican national committee organized and paid for the caravan because they have become bored with taking health insurance away from the poor and middle class and this seems like it might excite their rank and file. Thanks repuglicans.

Gotta love that Repugnant Party. Anyone who claims to own a conscience but is still a Repugnant has stayed WAY TOO LONG at the party.
  • @Crash To be fair to some of them, it is hard isn't it? I mean, they claim their party has been repurposed by OrangeMan. They don't want to leave their party to him because they fear the worst. Instead they want to throw him out.

At least that's what I hear. There are very good people on both sides...as long as we chose who the 2 sides are.