Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Firstrade Free Online Trading

Does anyone use Firstrade for their brokerage? If so, are the no fee online mutual fund trades really free for all funds?

Looks like online stock/etf, options and bond trades are free as well.

Thanks.

https://www.firstrade.com/content/en-us/welcome

Comments

• I have them for taxable and non-taxable accounts. I have not tried the free trades yet for mutual funds.

Here is a link for an earlier discussion on their free trades.

https://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/discussion/42998/free-mutual-fund-trades
  • edited October 2018
    Merrill edge free trade if you have 50k in total boa acct +Merrill edge brokerage acct

'Customers who maintain a three-month average combined balance of $50,000+ in Bank of America and Merrill Edge accounts can qualify for up to 30 commission-free trades per month (100 free trades with $100,000+). No annual or inactivity fees; $49.95 full outgoing account transfer.'
  • edited October 2018
    mutual funds are not free at Merrill Edge. Their NTF lineup is limited.
    I used to have Firstrade. For all of 4 months. Don't recall what it was, but they ticked me off. Or maybe I was just reeling from horrible e*trade and ameritrade experiences and didn't want to deal with more pain with firstrade. of course now I'm dealing with ameritrade thanks to scottrade buyout.

Frankly, between Schwab, Fidelity and Vanguard, why bother NTF anywhere else? Well, you can bother with TIAA-CREF. They have some funds NTF no one does. Hence I have account with them.