Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

David Snowball's Mid/September Commentary Is Now Available:

Comments

• @MFO Members: I'm disappointed to read the following from David about the lack of recent support for MFO.
    David said, "I’m only slightly panicked to note that beyond our ever-faithful subscribers Deb and Greg and a handful of MFO Premium renewals, we’ve received no contributions over the past six weeks. Hmmm … it was summer and we were spotty. We’ll keep a good thought for autumn, and an especially good thought for Greg and Deb!"

If you click on a members name you will see his/her role either just member or member premium. Premium means that at some point $100 was contributed to MFO.

If you haven't ponied up recently, now is the time.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • If you click on a members name you will see his/her role either just member or member premium. Premium means that at some point $100 was contributed to MFO

False. "Premium member" means that at some point in the year a poster ponied up $100 AND asked for access to Premium content.
    A poster could pony up a million and choose not to have access to Premium content.
  • edited September 2018
    Ted said:

If you click on a members name you will see his/her role either just member or member premium. Premium means that at some point $100 was contributed to MFO.

@Ted. Hate to say you are wrong (again). But you are wrong again. Like many, I’ve made several contributions to MFO since its inception, including the contribution tendered January 18 of this year as documented by the attached cut and paste from my Pay Pal account. Although curious why my member designation didn’t change from “member” to “premium member”, it hardly seemed worth mentioning to anyone (and I didn’t) - until you raised the issue.
    -
    Paid with
    VISA x-****
    You'll see "PAYPAL *MUTUALFUNDO" on your card statement.
    Category

Donations
    Transaction ID
    Seller info
    Mutual Fund Observer
    309-794-7581
    http://www.mutualfundobserver.com
    [email protected]
    Purchase details
    Access to Group: NonRecurring (1 year)$100.00
    Item #Temp
    -
    Likely, a great many others have contributed financially to MFO over the years in accordance with their means, needs and situation without receiving special recognition. And it is blatantly inaccurate of you to in any way suggest otherwise.
  • edited September 2018
    @DavidSnowball,

Thank you for the *mid-September publication. Still an excellent product - remarkable in light of the recent demands on your time, focus and energy. You would have been easily forgiven for skipping the month’s issue entirely.

All our thoughts and prayers remain with you and Chip.

Regards, hank

* Corrected my earlier blunder from “mid-October” to “mid-September”.:)
  • @ Hank: Aha -- the light went on!
    So that's why I was never listed as a"Premium Member" either.... you have to specify it with the contribution! I never realized that either. OTOH, I usually make/made the contribution around December or so, so I kind of figured it just got counted in for that calendar year, which was almost over by then anyway. Will try to remember to specify next time (or better yet, try out actually using it!)