Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• GISOX pretty damn good vs. benchmark on chart at Morningstar. But compare PRIDX. (But PRIDX is put in GROWTH rather than BLEND, where GISOX is.)
    GISOX is not quite 3 years old. YTD +3.15%. ..... PRIDX +3.77%.
  • Since GISOX's inception it's winning that comparison but it's close. PRIDX has clearly been a great fund for a very long time but considering its closed to new investors, GISOX might not be a bad bet for the future.
  • edited July 2018
    I own both the global opportunities and the global microcap, and have been pleased with the overall performance of both to this point. Of course with a hat-tip to the MFO.

The stalwart options merit consideration, and a review of precisely why the "stalwart" classification appears to outperform. This seems to be a shop with legs.
  • I have been doing some browsing on Lipper and M* after receiving my update from Grandeur Peak. Their larger-cap funds (Reach, Stalwarts) have started to creep ahead, and while GPMCX and GPGOX (my holdings) are not doing badly, they're slowing a bit. It is hard for me to find funds from other shops with which to compare the GP offerings. Oppenheimer, MS, Wells Fargo, and Wasatch have nice performing world sm/mid funds, but they are all very different animals. The $9 billion OPGIX is run by a single manager, MGDPX is a concentrated mostly US all-cap fund; EKGAX is truly sm/mid, while WAGTX is mostly small-cap, with a smattering of giant and large-cap stocks. One could not accuse GP of style drift. It's a tough category to define, which means there are "misfits."
  • edited July 2018
    I agree, i have a hard time finding a valid comparison point for my holdings in Grandeur Peak GPMCX and GPROX. I'm a fan of the shop and hope they hold up well during the next downturn.
  • Well there's Rondure, in the same office.
  • Rondure funds are larger cap oriented than GP funds.
  • Roy said:

Rondure funds are larger cap oriented than GP funds.

Point taken. Thanks.