Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

“They’re eating the cats” Trump Rambles

2»

Comments

• edited September 13
    +1 All

There was 1 tactic I had actually envisioned prior to the debate that KH did use at least once. Turning to him and saying “This (pause / hesitation), this ahh - “ … and then finally referring to him as a former President.” Came across as if she’d wanted to call him something else. :)

Trump doesn’t want to debate her again.
  • edited September 13
    Of course Trump doesn't want to participate in any other debates.
    Unlike Harris, Trump is undisciplined.
    Despite his recent comments stating "This was my best debate...",
    his advisors must be very concerned that he would lose once again.
  • "Turning to him and saying “This (pause / hesitation), this ahh - “ … and then finally referring to him as a former President.” Came across as if she’d wanted to call him something else.:)"

YES,,,, or something else ran through her mind like this dumb m%^^&f**r invited them to CD and she caught herself. I like your thoughts on it, it may have been deliberate.
  • Right you are @Observant1. We had to endure his lies about the size of the crowd at his inauguration.
  • @Sven

I'm with you. This typo did leave me giggling, though:
    highly trained as persecuting attorney...
  • edited September 13
    Thanks @Crash. Correct my spelling.

So much mental decline compared to his 2016 performance. Some suggested his slurred speech is very alarming, and it gets worse when he is under pressure to response appropriately. Don’t worry he will not debate Harris again. The next showdown would be between the vice presidential candidates.
  • Sven said:

Thanks @Crash. Correct my spelling.

So much mental decline compared to his 2016 performance. Some suggested his slurred speech is very alarming, and it gets worse when he is under pressure to response appropriately.

Well, hmmm. Yes. Reminds me of ME. But I'm not an actual threat to our democracy. :)
  • No, just a threat to our sanity here on MFO.:)
  • Grinning here. Have a great week-end, OJ.
  • edited September 14
    Just saw an excellent interview on CNN (Pete Buttigieg) _ He thinks the reason Trump does all this crazy stuff is to keep the spotlight on him. People aren't talking about his failures, his policies, his debate performance. They're talking about his crazy talk, eating dogs and cats, Loomer etc...
    It's true if you think about it.
  • edited September 14
    Unfortunately, these lies have real consequences - Coming soon to a community / family near you!

Springfield City Hall shuts down after threats / Parents demand Trump stop citing son’s death in campaign speeches

Springfield schools evacuated / One closed after threats

New threats target Springfield officials and schools

My take: In the debate David Muir challenged Trump’s allegations about Haitians eating pets in Springfield by citing the Springfield City Manager who claimed there were no confirmed reports of this. I suspect this is what prompted many of the threats mentioned above. Certainly sounds like a matter for the FBI. Hope they can hold those responsible accountable. As far as schools go, these types of evacuations have to be highly disruptive to the learning process.
  • One tactic of right-wing (you may apply Fascist or another label) groups is to create a sense of chaos or danger from which only a « strong » leader can save the country. The more discord, the more distrust, the more disinformation, the better they perceive their chances at election to be.
  • edited September 14
    So, they want City Hall to invent an undocumented dead-cat story that, with vague innuendo, points the finger at legal immigrants? I guess all it requires is a City Hall representative that lies, a live cat that plays dead, and a legal worker that lost their green card. Reminds me of the popups that threaten a computer illiterate if they don't pay a toll.
  • edited September 14
    I’ve been researching this fixation with cats. In Shakespeare’s time being associated with cats was considered highly disreputable. Thus, in Act 3, Scene 1 of Romeo and Juliet Mercutio insults Typalt with this put-down:

Good king of cats, nothing but one of your nine lives; that I mean to make bold withal, and as you shall use me hereafter, drybeat the rest of the eight.

Trump seeks to become the “King of Cats”?
  • I despair that so many still support him. "Low Information Voters" is the ultimate euphemism.
  • edited September 15
    "Low Information Voters"

True to an extent. But not the full answer.

There are some well informed white supremacists in the mix who know full-well what’s going on with the subtle attacks on minorities (like Haitians) - be they immigrants or not. Remember Trump’s regrettable reference to “black jobs”? A telltale sign he doesn’t view non-whites as his equal. You’re right to a point however. I’ve encountered a few racists in this area. The ones I’ve met tended to be unintelligent, undereducated and not particularly well off financially. Often addicted to drugs / alcohol.
  • I had a cat for dinner last night.

She didn't care for the asparagus.
  • LOL, @Anna.
    @hank true. Some are smart but twisted. And this is tangentially connected. They'll stop at nothing to restrict non-white voting:
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4880721-jennifer-mcclellan-democrats-save-act-poll-tax/

• edited September 15
    "Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump was safe after what the FBI said appeared to be an assassination attempt on Sunday outside Trump's golf course in West Palm Beach, Florida."

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-is-safe-following-gunshots-his-vicinity-says-campaign-2024-09-15/
  • edited September 15
    deleted
  • "Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump was safe after what the FBI said appeared to be an assassination attempt on Sunday outside Trump's golf course in West Palm Beach, Florida."

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-is-safe-following-gunshots-his-vicinity-says-campaign-2024-09-15/

...And the (would-be?) shooter has ties to Hawaii. A Hawaiian slimeball. Idiots with guns and rifles. AGAIN. Catch him and put him in a cage. WITH the Orange Criminal. They both have it coming. But no one deserves to be murdered.
    https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2024/09/15/would-be-trump-assassin-idd-man-with-hawaii-ties-sources-say/

• edited September 15
    It’s getting scary. Unfortunate that running for office should carry such risk for candidates of either party.

@Anna - Good one. You had me going for a moment. I’ve never cared for cats much.
  • Very funny @Anna.

My cats (exotic shorthairs) don't care for veggies either but they will lick the salt off Cheez-Its or potato chips. My sled dogs will eat whatever is in their food bowls.

@hank - well not for everybody I couldn't imagine a life without either.