Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Coronavirus: Arizona is leading the world in the rate of new cases

Comments

• edited January 2021
    Many governors are so afraid of Trump that they would not impose face covering in the public. FL is the worst where Ron DeSantis forbids large city majors to impose face covering. FL has the highest population of elderly, one of the most vulnerable demographic.

I understand North and South Dakotas are having the same issue with their GOP governors. This toxic attitude over a medical problem only brings more death.
  • edited January 2021
    I'm sorry to have to put it like this, but if not wearing a mask because Trump told you not to is more important than avoiding Covid then we are likely better off without you. Sayonara.

Frankly, if it were up to me the rule would be "no mask, no admittance to precious ER facilities.

As Gilbert and Sullivan wrote in "The Mikado": And they'll none of 'em be missed — they'll none of 'em be missed.
  • I agree. Wear face covering is a nice way to protect everyone else beside yourself from COVID when 6' social distancing is not possible. Not only these people exhibit extreme selfishness, they help to spread the virus to other. Same goes for vaccination - no mask, no service!

During the riot in DC, a number of GOP members refused to wear mask when they were locked in the chambers. At least 3 members later test positive for COVID!
  • edited January 2021
    I live in Florida. In my county, it is very rare to see anyone out and about who is not wearing a mask. I am in the older demo, however, so I can't speak for the bar scene, etc., but while I'm shopping, running errands, doing community activities, etc., most everyone is wearing a mask.
  • @little5bee : I was wondering if you have received your Covid - 19 shot ? Two couples,retirees, we know of migrated to FL. from WI. & all 4 have received their first dose. Also hear that a Canadian wintering there had received their shot also. It seems distribution nation wide is hit & miss !!
    Stay safe, Derf
  • @Derf I won't be eligible till May, but it's a moot point because my odds of getting through for an appointment are slim to none. My boyfriend will be 68 in February, but he is waiting till the J&J one-dose shot is available because we've heard that the scheduling for the second dose of Moderna is disorganized. Yes, I know for a fact of several Canadians who have had their first doses.

The local hospital network supposedly has some doses that they allocated for their patients only...some of whom were supposedly under 65.
  • Most everyone is wearing a mask here in Seminole County, Florida. However, Citrus County, from what I'm reading ,has a significant population who refuses to wear a mask !
  • It is totally nuts and why some cities are better are better behave than others? Friend of mine moved to Tampa, FL in November and promptly caught COVID. He then infected the rest of family over Christmas get together. It must be a lapse of carelessness since he is a cautious person.