Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Equity Income Funds

Any opinions on using equity income funds or dividend etf's on the income side of a portfolio? If so, any suggestions.

Comments

• Wife's 403b is now in VEIRX, a Vanguard product. We got her in there just after the share price dropped after the big year-end pay-out at the end of 2018. I'm with TRP but I just don't like their equity-income fund.
    https://quotes.wsj.com/mutualfund/VEIRX
  • edited January 2019
    @Bobpa: My portfolio was built over many years of investing. From an all equity income fund perspective I have two sleeves that are geared towards equity income genertion with these funds being found in the growth & income area of my portfolio.

The first sleeve is my domestic equity g&i sleeve and holds the following funds with their ttm yield in (y%). The funds held in this sleeve are ANCFX (1.74%) ... FDSAX (3.03%) ... INUTX (3.46%) ... and SVAAX (3.93%). This sleeve as a whole generates a yield of 3.26%. Include fund capital gain distributions and the income generated is much greater and has averaged above 5%. The three year total return on this sleeve is 8.7%.

The second sleeve is my global equity g&i sleeve and holds the following funds with thier ttm yield in (y). The funds held in this sleeve are CWGIX (2.33%) ... DEQAX (2.55%) ... DWGAX (2.28%) ... and, EADIX (3.95%). This sleeve as a whole generates a yield of 2.77%. Include fund capital gains distributions and the income generation is much greater and has averaged above 5%. The three year total return on this sleeve is 7.1%

I have other sleeves that are also geared towards income generation within my portfolio; but, these are the two sleeves that consists of all equity mutual funds.

In doing a Google search on the subject I came up with the below linked article.

https://investorplace.com/2018/02/10-best-dividend-funds-to-buy-now/

Old_Skeet

• @Old_Skeet: Thanks for stopping in & leaving link.
    Derf
  • I own AVEDX.
    VDIGX is closed, but VIG has been a solid performer.