Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Wall Street Week Preview: Guest: David Petraeus

Comments

• edited June 2015
    I was quite excited to see WSW return in a new form. I saw one episode and was less than impressed by it and ditched it from my DVR recording schedule. But I guess they just bought the rights to the name and sweet-talked Louis' son to lend his name to the program team.

Their guest lineups are just weird ... seems like less financial folks, more "big names" in pop culture -- why is Petraeus on this week? Really? What's he got to do with serious financial discussions/advice?

Also not overly liking their hosts either - they come across as too smug and exude the 'hedge fundie' aura in my view. (Which they are, I think.)

That's 30 minutes/week I have reclaimed.
  • TedTed
    edited June 2015
    @rforno; I agree, and am changing the discussion from Fund to Off-Topic
  • rforno's questions are my own, too.
  • edited June 2015
    Well, let's not rush to judgement. Let us hear what our hero fallen from grace, General Julian Ewell David Petraeus, butcher of the Mekong Delta Northern Iraq, has to say. After all, if it were not for his wonder work, ISIS wouldn't exist; and 1000s of "advisors" The Obamanator is sending back in there (and Xe Corp. special-ops warriors, but mums the word of that) wouldn't have anything to do. He's not just a convicted felon and unindicted war criminal---he's a job creator!

from his Bio:
    "He then returned to Iraq to command the Surge and guide the implementation of the counterinsurgency manual’s concepts." [yes, he certainly did that]
    https://www.emptywheel.net/2013/03/07/guardian-lays-out-details-of-how-petraeus-organized-death-squads-in-iraq/
    "Iraqi forces were reformed and expanded, and transition of tasks to Iraqi forces was advanced considerably." [yes, they certainly were]
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/mar/06/pentagon-iraqi-torture-centres-link